Most DSPs do not accept generic releases as they already have an abundance of these releases available. Generic music could be one or a combination of the below:
- Generic Artist Name
- 'Yoga Studio'
- 'White Noise Industries'
- 'Smooth Waves'
- Generic Product Title
- 'Relaxing Chill Meditations Music'
- 'Pump Hits: Best Hits for Running'
- 'Soothing Relaxing Music'
- A blank image
- Label name/logo that has been used across multiple releases
- Image of artist that has been used for previous releases (creating difficulty for the customer when trying to navigate the artist page)
- Nature Sounds
- White Noise
- Tibetan bowl sounds
- Looped sound clips created either by a person or artificial intelligence
Tracks with very minimal instrumental production could also be considered generic.
If you feel as if your music might fall under the generic parameters, send your questions to email@example.com for assistance.